Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A few choice selections :)

The other night the kids were taking a shower (okay, they were just playing in the warm waterfall). Buddy didn't want to get out, and cried and cried. I was trying to console him by keeping him occupied, and CBC announced that "some kids just feel like they don't have a life." Hmmm . . .

A few weeks ago, I bought New Moon (the movie) and let CBC watch it. It's now her favorite movie and she is definitely on Team Jacob. At the part where Bella crashes the motorcycle and Jacob takes off his shirt, CBC said, "Boys always do that" (making me think, which boys are you hanging out with??)

And then after the second or third time we watched New Moon, she informed me that she thinks her roommates in college are going to love her because she has her own copy of the movie. I'm sure they're going to love her for a whole lot of other reasons, but the movie definitely won't hurt :)

One of the funniest this week was when CBC commented on my new role at church--I am the new primary pianist (all the kids between 3 and 12). She wanted to know why in the world the primary would need a . . . um . . . shall I just say that we've used this other word a lot in potty-training Buddy? :) Of course I had to explain the difference between the two words which really DO sound similar!

And, finally, a word from little Buddy. UHWATT. Huh? He repeated it over and over until I finally got it: "A LOT." He uses it whenever you give him drinks--he wants more in his cup, not just a "baby" amount. Sheesh, who knew 2-yr-olds already had a clue that someone was getting more than they were?

No comments:

Post a Comment