Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The joys of responsibility

Okay, I know I mentioned that CBC wants a dog. Really badly. Um, pretty much to die for. So it's kind of bad that after the puppy at Easter, she is now on Spring Break and spending time with friends who all seem to have dogs, too. She came home on Monday, crying her ever-loving eyes out about how "I want a dog," and "why can't I have a dog?" and "I just really want a dog." It went on until I couldn't take it any longer, so I suggested she talk to Superman about it and then try to prove to him she could be responsible. We talked about how responsibility means going to bed on time without a fight, and sleeping in her bed the whole night, and brushing her teeth without fussing, etc. And responsibility is working so awesomely! She is really trying to be responsible, including with her things and her little brother. I love it! My favorite is all the little reminders she gives me of how she is being responsible. If dad's not around, she makes sure to ask me to tell him how responsible she is. So now I guess we just need to start working on dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment