Monday, April 19, 2010

Okay, a couple more funnies

This weekend we had a lot of fun together as a family and a few funny stories came out of it.

First of all, I have to admit that sometimes I forget how enjoyable it is to watch kids learn new things. Buddy has picked up on size differences, and is really doing his best to make sure we don't treat him like a baby. We had pizza yesterday for dinner, and Superman fixed Buddy's plate with a half-size piece. Upon seeing the pizza, Buddy got kind of agitated, wouldn't take it, and kept saying, "NO! BIG one." So Superman gave him a large piece, which satisfied him.

Then this morning, CBC called me from the car and asked me why I picked a job that makes me leave so early in the morning. Kind of threw me for a minute. Then she asked if she could take her Book of Mormon to school to show her friends, which made me feel like a successful mother for about 3 minutes. Then I began to worry that somehow I'd get a call from the principal regarding religious materials at school. Guess we'll see how it goes :)

But most importantly, CBC had "the talk" with Superman about what she needs to do so that she can get a dog. She gave him until Friday to decide, but then asked if she could have his decision right then :) We had to remind her that he had the whole week to think about it. She is so excited about being reponsible enough to have her own dog again! When asked why she needs a dog, she said she wants a friend that is always there for her, that she would like a toy that she can always play with (!), and that everyone else has one. We nixed the last one for a reason, so she then came up with that she would teach Buddy not to be afraid of dogs.

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the little "funnies" your kids come up with. It's crazy to think of how fast they are growing! How are you, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois, you are a very entertaining writer! But, maybe it's because you have such entertaining kids! Either way, it's great! Take care!

    ReplyDelete