Monday, April 5, 2010

Puppy Dog Tails

Everyone who knows us knows this, but CBC wants a dog more than pretty much anything else. (She's been pushing for a little sister lately; when asked if she would rather have a little sister or a dog, she thought about three seconds and then picked the dog!) So when a puppy was brought to our house for an Easter visit, she was pretty much in heaven. And when Superman allowed the puppy to inhabit CBC's room during its visit, it just got that much better.

A little history here--we actually have a dog. But it lives at Mormor and Morfar's house. We bought Sprinklers (CBC picked the name) when we lived in Arizona--she's a toy poodle and maybe the dumbest dog I've ever met. Plus, she's afraid of almost everything. So combine an over-enthusiastic CBC and a fearful Sprinklers and you get a lot of shaking and hiding from the dog, and a lot of dragging and pulling from the kid. So when we moved to an apartment in Washington, we asked Morfar and Mormor to keep the dog for us "until we moved into a house." Well, the dog still lives with them and we live in our house. (They are VERY patient and loving grandparents.) CBC misses Sprinklers something fierce, while Superman and I definitely don't. But I do love dogs, so we're working on Superman to see if we can find a labradoodle or a goldenoodle (sp?) that doesn't upset his allergies but has enough energy to keep up with CBC and not drive me crazy. This will be the perfect dog :)

Okay, back to the story. So she loved this puppy that came to play, and came running over to me crying about how she really wants a dog, and gave me an ultimatum--"you can either buy me a dog tomorrow or on my next birthday!" I told her to go ask Superman and see what he says since he's the hold out, which she did. She came running back out to me, still crying, and repeated the ultimatum. I asked her what Superman said. She said, "I can't remember what he said, but it was 'something something no'!" Just about fell over laughing--I'm pretty sure if "no" was included, his intention was definitely no :)

To explain the title of the post--Superman told me later that I needed to wash her sheets because they smelled like puppy. I thought they smelled like little boy, which reminded me of the nursery rhyme about little boys being made of "frogs and snails and puppy dog tails." To add to the funny--Buddy is pretty afraid of dogs, ever since one jumped our fallen fence and came running over to him, and CBC deserted him while running as fast as she could from the attacking monster. But even HE loved that puppy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment