Thursday, June 17, 2010

Equality is in the eye of the beholder

Buddy's new phrase is "NO FAIR!" and he picked it up from you-know-who (and, no, I do not mean myself!). He shouts this all day long now--just for the last three days. "Okay, let's go brush your teeth." "Already brushed my teeth." "Here, open up." "NO FAIR!" It's pretty entertaining until he starts hitting walls and throwing toys. Funny thing is, as a firm believer in individual responsibility, I really value fairness, but understand that it's impossible to implement more often than not. At any rate, I'll be mindful of his feelings about trying to be fair :) Now, if we could only teach CBC about not taking her brother's toys (he does have totally awesome cars), we might hear "NO FAIR" a little less!

1 comment:

  1. We hear the same thing; we've started explaining that life just isn't fair and we all have to just make do. :) And of course try to be as fair as we can. Sorry Buddy!

    ReplyDelete