Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Do you honestly want my $0.25?

Wow, a little extra excitement at our house--CBC swallowed a quarter. Yep, she swallowed an entire quarter. With absolutely no problem. She found one in her backpack, put it in her mouth, and before she knew it--gone! She related the story of telling her teacher thus: "So I went up to Ms. Kitz and I told her I found a quarter and put it in my mouth. She said, 'Go on.' Then I told her I swallowed it and she said, 'We better call the nurse.'" I laughed so hard at both of their nonchalant reactions--teachers must seriously hear everything! Anyway, the nurse called Superman; he called me; I called the doctor's office; and Superman took her to get an x-ray. Shiny quarter, settled right in her stomach. So for the last week, we've been examining her "piles" (ahem!), with no one being the richer. We never found the quarter, so Superman took her back for another x-ray today, and all is well. It "passed" without excitement, and now I can throw that "special" fork away. My co-workers will no longer call her my little piggy bank :) Amazing that OCD girl could put money into her mouth--think of the germs.

SO GROSS!! And yet fascinating. . .

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the line from Grumpier Old Men, "Kids swallow quarters all the time. If she poops out two dimes and a nickel, then I'd worry!"

    ReplyDelete