Monday, March 22, 2010

A Sterile Environment

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, and I took CBC with me. After much waiting, the doctor was finally ready to give me my shot. He opened all of his sterile items, and then left the room (which he had done repeatedly during the appointment). Of course, CBC wanted to examine everything he's prepared, so she wheeled herself over there on the doctor's stool. She checked the instruments out while I explained what "sterile" means and why I don't want any germs on any of the doctor's tools ("Don't even breathe on them!"). He came in while she was still looking and I told him what we had been doing. He looked panicky and asked if she had touched anything because he "didn't want to ruin the sterile environment." Now, this is a man with two kids around my kids' age--what was he thinking leaving sterile stuff open to the air with a 7-yr-old in the room?! Good thing OCD girl understands germs!

No comments:

Post a Comment