Monday, March 22, 2010

Cooking

Okay, me again. I can actually see how this blogging thing can get addicting, or maybe I'm just understanding what it's like for the rest of you with Facebook. I think I like the blog better because I don't have to feel stressed about not responding to all of YOUR posts and comments. I can't handle the stress of Facebook yet. Maybe if I had an iPhone and could access the internet at all times. . .

Anyway, back to my original idea behind this post (and this is definitely going to show my inexpertise both with blogging and cooking)--as you all know, I am literally a horrible cook. And I am desperate to have some new ideas and tips. Is there any way I can use your collective wisdom on tips and recipes through this blog? I need them to be pretty easy to make, or to be able to be made ahead of time, or to sit in a crockpot for 12 hours.

I will gladly relay the results for your enjoyment (like the crockpot chicken I left on high for 12 hours and the frozen vegetables I charbroiled last week).

Hope that's not too much to ask. HELP!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I too hate to Cook and if I am going to cook then it better be easy.
    Cook 3 chicken breasts in a crock pot until cooked through (3 hrs maybe less, I cook mine frozen) then break up with a fork. Kind of shred it, but not too much, u want big chunks. Adda can of drained and rinsed black beans, drained can of corn, 1 teaspoon cumin, and a cup of salsa. Cook until all heated then turn off or down to low and stir in 8 oz cream cheese. Don't stir too much. Serve in warm tortillas or as dip fir tortilla chips. Makes tons! (I freeze half of it) I swear after the chicken is cooked it only takes like 10 minutes to prepare and serve :)

    ReplyDelete