Sunday, July 10, 2011

Too smart for his own good

Today, Buddy had to go sit in timeout because he hit me with a play sword. Afterwards, we were talking and I was trying to get him to understand why hitting is wrong. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Buddy, how do you think it felt when you hit me? Do you think it felt very nice? How would you feel if I hit you?
Buddy: blah blah It hurt blah blah I won't do it again blah blah Sorry, Mom.
Me: Thank you for saying you were sorry.
Buddy: How do you think it felt when you put me in timeout and locked me in my room? Do you think it felt very nice? How would you feel if I locked you in your room?
Me: Uh. [Secretly thinking, It would be fabulous!] Why are you so smart?!
Buddy: I was just born that way.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I also love that it's not just my kids that are giving me a run for my money.

    ReplyDelete