Monday, May 3, 2010

THE DOG

I kept thinking I was forgetting something when I was writing last night. I forgot to update about the dog! If you're following this blog at all, you'll know that CBC wants a dog more than almost anything else. So Superman had until the weekend of April 24th to report back to CBC--and he said she could get a dog!! (BIG shocker--go Superman!!!) CBC has until Christmas to earn enough money to buy her own dog. We are paying her to do chores around the house, and can I just say that I should've been doing this for years?! Neither Superman nor myself did the allowance thing growing up, so this is kind of a test run, but it's working so well! I get help with the dishes and the laundry and cleaning and everything. Love it! Anyway, she also has to read a book picked out by Superman by Christmas, but if she follows through, we're going to get a dog. So exciting! Now if we could just find the right one. We need a hypo-allergenic dog since Superman is super allergic, and we really want a poodle mix--like the labradoodle or the goldendoodle. So far, I keep hearing they're $1,000 so I'm thinking that's not going to happen. I don't think CBC could ever do enough chores to earn that much money! If anyone has any leads on a poodle mix, please pass them on!!

2 comments:

  1. good-luck with the dog hunt! I had a friend with a mini poodle, and she LOVED it. Me...it was too small, I would like a big dog. Which is why we have a cat. Doesn't make sense does it!?!? Anyway keep up the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lead on a dog, but you might look for breed-specific rescue groups to avoid the outrageous cost.

    P.S. I'm loving the blog - makes me miss you here at UCI!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete